The Pulmonary Pathology Society was established to:
- Encourage the specialty of pulmonary pathology by education and research.
- Interact with local, national, and international pathology societies and other clinical organizations focused on pulmonary medical specialties.
- Promote the study of pulmonary pathology and encourage surgical pathologists to develop expertise in pulmonary pathology.
- Encourage publishing of material related to pulmonary pathology.
- Encourage the highest standards in the practice and teaching of pulmonary pathology and to promote good fellowship among pulmonary pathologists through public discussion groups, forums, panels, lectures or similar programs.